How do I keep my skin clean and hydrated in these harsh winter conditions?
Daily exfoliation is essential for your face, yet too many women today are not doing it. In this post I offer you a few home remedies that are easy to do, cheap, and most importantly natural so that you know exactly what you are puttting on your face.
- Tie your hair back so it is out of the way.
- Remove makeup and wash your face with warm water.
- Apply a small cotton towel soaked in hot water to your face for 5-10 minutes to relax muscles and open up pores.
- Prepare one of the following scrubs:
“Magic” Baking Soda Scrub
Perfect for all skin types.
Recipe: Mix 2-3 teaspoons of baking soda with a few drops of water to form a paste.
Delicious Banana Scrub
Smells amazing, reduces your appetite and can also be used as a mask.
Recipe: Mix 2 tablespoons of mashed banana (you can mash it with a fork), 2 teaspoons fine oatmeal, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1 teaspoon of honey. Stir until you have a paste.
Gentle Rose and Almond Scrub
Softens the skin and gives it a vibrant glow.
Recipe: Mix 1 teaspoon rose water, 1/2 teaspoon almond flour or finely ground almonds. Stir until you have a paste.[/four_fifth]
- Once you have your scrub ready, in a circular motion gently rub it in on your face (and neck if you wish), avoiding the eye region, for about 2-5 minutes. You can also use a sponge for better exfoliation.
- Finally, rinse your face with warm water and admire your gorgeous skin in the mirror for about 5 minutes.
Stay Beautiful Ladies!